Pam’s bold contemporary paintings are always about the landscape – whether it be the parched inland deserts, salt pans or outback flooded plains of Australia, Africa or ice fields of Antarctica. All these have been the inspiration for her vigorous yet often minimal style. Closer to home she is attracted by the Coastal dunes and estuaries and portrays vignettes of the reflections they inspire. Often the devastation of our environment is a catalyst for a series – bushfires, floods, coastal erosion or man-made destruction – all have been a subject for her paintings.Biography
Born in Victoria, Pam moved to Queensland at a young age and originally studied commercial illustration, making a career in the advertising industry. Her love for art, however, led her to later study fine art at the Brisbane Institute of Art.
Pam is a highly regarded painter and sculptor and has won many awards in both these areas of artistic expression. From 1994 – 1995 she was the president of the Society of Sculptors, Queensland but now devotes most of her time to painting.
She draws her inspirations from extensive travel into mostly remote but starkly beautiful places from the Antarctic to the Australian deserts. Her striking land and seascapes capture her impressions of the vast open spaces and endless vistas.
Pam’s work is in many public and private collections, such as the Queensland Treasury, Brisbane City Council, University of the Sunshine Coast and Bank of Queensland amongst others.
She was awarded numerous corporate commissions including for the Cairns International Airport, the Greenslopes Hospital in Brisbane, the Wollongong Hospital and the Sunshine Coast Private Hospital, as well as numerous resorts and hotels in Surfers Paradise, and Hope, Hamilton and Whitsunday Islands.
- 2015 – Sunshine Coast Art Prize 2D finalist.
- 2015 – Moreton Bay ArtvAward finalist.
- 2014 – Noosa Art Award finalist.
- 2014 – Brushstrokes and barbed wire solo – Lasting Impressions Gallery.
- 2014 – Sunshine Coast Art Prize 2D finalist.
- 2013 – Finalist in the Queensland Regional Art Awards to tour Queensland Regional Galleries in 2014.
- 2012 – People’s Choice Award Noosa Regional Gallery ‘Show Us Your Art’ exhibition.
- 2012 – SCAP Sunshine Coast Art Prize finalist.
- 2012 – Solo exhibition ‘Panoramas’ at Lasting Impressions Gallery
- 2011 – Finalist in the Queensland Regional Art Awards with ‘Flooded Memories’ chosen to tour Queensland Regional Galleries.
- 2011 – Solo exhibtion – Bungles and Beyond.
- 2011 – People’s Choice Award, Noosa Regional Gallery ‘Show Us Your Art’ exhibition.
- 2010 – Noosa Art Award – First Prize, Painting.
- 2010 – Sunshine Coast Art Prize – Finalist.
- 2010 / 2008 – Kenilworth Mayor’s Prize – Finalist.
- 2008 – Sunshine Coast Art Prize – Finalist.
- 2007 – Tattersall’s Art Prize – Finalist.w
- 2006 – Noosa Art Award – Open Prize.
- 2006 / 2005 – Caloundra Art Festival – Open Prize.
- 2005 – Caloundra Art Festival – Drawing Prize.
- 2003 – Caloundra Art Festival – First Prize, Modern Painting.
- 2001 – Pine Rivers Art Award – Open Prize the gallery.
“Broken gully IV”
Mixed media on linen
122 x 92cm
“Broken gully III”
Mixed media on linen
122 x 92cm
Mixed media on str. canvas
106 x 50cm
“Flight of the red tailed black cockatoo”
“Dry and dusty”
46.6 x 46.5cm
“From the wing of a falcon”
Collage on canvas
56 x 76cm (framed)
“Iron midden II”
Mixed media, found objects on canvas
120 x 60cm
Mixed Media on str. canvas
150 x 80cm